Re: [OM] Aircraft ammunition pictures [OT for Oly list]

Subject: Re: [OM] Aircraft ammunition pictures [OT for Oly list]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:03:46 +1100
This is the basis of galvanising - coating steel with zinc. It is not a
mechanical barrier as I once thought, but a sacrificial layer. Strangely,
for this discussion, corrugated steel roofing here in Aus. is now coated
with Zincalume - I assume a zinc-aluminium alloy -which is much longer
lived than the old zinc-on-iron style.
Andrew