Re: [OM] Tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods
From: Michael Stahulak <mstahulak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:14:16 -0700
on 1/10/01 2:33 PM, Scott Nelson at SNelson@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> If you're really looking for solid and d*mn the weight, a Gitzo Studex Series
> 3 or 4 with 3 (not 4) leg sections should do the trick. Get the Arca Swiss and
> RRS, NOT the Gitzo ballhead and QR, you'll be glad ya did.

Is there something wrong with the Gitzo ballhead? I know the Arca Swiss has
a good reputation, but it is also about 2 1/2 times more expensive. I don't
have either, but had been thinking that I would give the Gitzo ballhead (on
one of their new Explorer tripods, a total of about $400 for the pair) a
look.

Mike