Re: [OM] Tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods
From: "c.e.packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:36:01 -0600
A while back a list member, I've forgetten who, suggested using socks
filled with rocks and dirt. When you get ready to set up, fill up the
socks, tie the open end in a knot and hang off the tripod. When your
done, untie and empty. A very good weight-saving idea when you're
trekking around the wilderness.
Another member (also forgotten) made bean bags using the leg off an old
pair of jeans and fish tank gravel.
Charles Packard

William Biesele wrote:
<snip>
> Rock solid: Use a rock and a bean bag.
>
> Does anyone know a good source for beanbags? I'd like to give this a
> try.
<snip>