Re: [OM] film death watch

Subject: Re: [OM] film death watch
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 17:40:25 +0800
Chrales,

Sorry for triggering your long reply, I didn't mean to serious also.
But I really interest to know how Fuji will eventually profit from it,
unless they largely invest on digital imaging product like home
printers and digital cameras and she must be stong enough to compete
with current big DC manufacturers like Sony, Olympus and Nikon.

At the beginning Fuji may profit from selling of new digital
photofinsher like Frontier. But in future, people will sure print much
less and some of them may even print it at home. The drop in printing
business will also lead to reduce of photofinsher selling.

As in this moment, Kodak and Fuji occupied the whole world's film and
printing business (>90%?), I think they got a lot of revenue from
this. In digital area they are far behind, Kodak is a little better as
they have a range of professional DC, some consumer DC and even able
to develop CCD. I'm not sure if Fuji will be able to catch up or not.

C.H.Ling

P.S. I haven't dream for a digital back from OM for long, it is not
practical. At most there will be a new Digital OM system. Nikon and
Canon already have digital bodies there is no signed that they will
make any digital back.

Is it possible that Fuji and Kodak