Re: [OM] film death watch

Subject: Re: [OM] film death watch
From: "c.e.packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 23:04:31 -0600
"C.H.Ling" wrote:
<<snip>>

> Some newer one hour machine are poorer than before, especially
> the new Fuji machine (not the digital one), grainy and poor color. I
> heard processing speed and cost is the major reason for that.
>
> What will be happen in the future?

Now that's a potentially scary thought. What if speed and cost aren't the only
reasons?
What if Fuji and others are now going to intentionally lower the processing
quality of their film/print processors to accelerate the belief in the masses
(us)
that digital quality has already surpassed film quality? A psychological gambit
on
the part of evil pitch men, perhaps?
We have all to some extent or another have been conditioned into believing that
newer is better. And in the past few decades conditioned into believing (by
forced
acceptance mostly) that nothing lasts for more than a few years?
Ours is a disposable society where profit is the game, durability is lame.

Charles Packard
"Are we all not lemmings?" - attributable to someone famous. If not, then me.

Proud to be a zuikoholic. Being paranoid is just a hobby.