Re: [OM] film death watch

Subject: Re: [OM] film death watch
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 22:31:05 -0800
My local color pro lab (I live in Tacoma) just shut down, and not due to lack
of work or the switch to digital, but due to a lack of available skilled
employees! This may be an even more disturbing trend than anything else, the
fact that you may not be able to get local printing at ANY price! I am now
shopping around for an alternative. I am not real keen on mailing my
slides/negs away and dealing with a mail order lab, but it may come down to
that. I had a good relationship with my local lab and could talk to someone and
let them know what I wanted done when printing (dodging/burning, ect). Combine
this with what you have observed and the picture ain't too pretty!

Jim Couch