Re: [OM] 50/2 macro vs. 90/2 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] 50/2 macro vs. 90/2 macro
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:18:43 +0100
: I have both too, and most of the time the 50/2 works best for close-up
work
: for me - simply because I'm often hand holding and the 50/2 doesn't
require
: as high a shutter speed for equivalent shake suppression.

I would think the rule of focal length and lowest shutter speed for hand
holding does not apply for macro lenses when their magnification is equal.
Iow when both lenses are set at 1:2 the shorter focal length of the 50mm
lens no longer gives you any advantage in shutter speed tolerance.

hnz