[OM] The IS-3 saga takes a positive turn

Subject: [OM] The IS-3 saga takes a positive turn
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 17:53:00 -0600
Some of you may remember that I bought an IS-3DLX off ebay for a great price
($112). Unfortunately, it is deader than a doornail.  I'm sending it off to
John soon for repair.

To be fair, the seller was honest that he hadn't put batteries in it, and
didn't know if it worked, but you do kind of expect that it will.  I wrote
him a short note, explaining the problem, and let him know that I had
decided to just not leave feedback on the transaction.  I didn't want to
leave neutral, or negative, as it was certainly my risk buying it.

He got back with me that he was sorry that it didn't work and that he
expected that it would.  He seems to be a dealer in something else (not sure
what) as he has an awful lot of ebay trades.  He offered to refund half my
purchase price to go towards the repair.  Pretty fair of him, so he'll get
his positive feedback (as soon as I get the check <g>).

In the end, even with the repair/CLA cost, I'll end up with an IS-3 for a
good, not great price, but one with a fresh CLA.

Now I just want to try it out!

Tom