Re: [OM] OM2000 or OM1? a Hypothetical Case

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 or OM1? a Hypothetical Case
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 00:19:21 -0500
I would recommend the nicest body he would carry. I really like my OM-1 and would use it at the beach. I have not used an OM 2000 but have read it has nice features. I don't think I would want to use a camera that puts the controls in new positions though because of the lack of familiarity and the potential for lost shots.

If using print film, I wouldn't worry much about the light entering the viewfinder. For slide film, compensate according to the light in the image.

Gregg

Kelton wrote:
Let's take a hypothetical case: assume there's this guy who lives on the
ocean in southern California, and who is forever worrying about salt in
the air. So much so, that he won't take any of his nice OMs out for a
spin within several miles of the beach.

What would you recommend to this befuddled person? A used OM1? Or a new OM2000? (Assuming he has narrowed
the choice down to one of those two). And, would it make any difference
in your recommendation if you knew this guy wore glasses? (the OM1
allowing light through the viewfinder to give spurious readings--perhaps
the 2000 does this as well?).