Re: [OM] OM2000 or OM1? a Hypothetical Case

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 or OM1? a Hypothetical Case
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:36:30 -0700
At 03:01 PM 12/20/00 -0800, Kelton Rhoads (in a thinly-veiled attempt at disguising his own plight) wrote:
Let's take a hypothetical case: assume there's this guy who lives on the
ocean in southern California, and who is forever worrying about salt in
the air.

[snip]

 Let's also assume this guy comes across $150
to purchase a "user" OM body, something over which he won't obsess if
there's a little salt or sand nearby. What would you recommend to this
befuddled person? A used OM1? Or a new OM2000?

A high-quality used OM1 or 1n. I don't like the 2000, the half-dozen or so times I've picked it up and tried to get used to it. For a contrary opinion, cf. Joel Wilcox (who's probably enjoying all the warm weather in Hawaii right now, the bugger... ;-) ).

Face it, if Olympus ever wanted to cash in on a nostalgia craze, all they'd have to do is re-issue the 1n. (I wonder if it's even theoretically possible to do so any more?) Fabulous little jewel-like technical marvel of a camera.

Garth