[OM] Bellows Questions

Subject: [OM] Bellows Questions
From: Bill Brooks <nrky@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:46:01 -0600
Hi All,

Just bought an old Prinz bellows for OM-1 (at least that's what is
imprinted on the back, and it does accept bodies and glassware)

Question: I haven't figured out why the linkage doesn't seem
to allow for foccusing at max aperature and then stopping
down at exposure...DOV preview is disabled on the lens,
and whatever f-stop you set the lens to is where the lens "stays"
at.  I guess I could set the f-stop at max, focus, and then set the
f-stop at the one needed for the shot, but the slightest bump would
throw everything off I assume...

There is a ring on the camera side of the bellows that appears
to be marked in f-stops, but as I've never dealt with "real" macro stuff
before, am clueless...

If any members of this august body could enlighten me, or point me
to some URL that has info/manuals online I sure would appreciate it.

Bill  >; P
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."
*provided ya have a good archival system in place.

(AKA ZooMan...who thought abstract meant stracbat and is
trying to get equiptment together for TOPE5)