Re: [OM] 4Ti Oh, Oh

Subject: Re: [OM] 4Ti Oh, Oh
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:23:33 GMT
Acer wrote:

>easy to find out: (as my other offlist email was): get a roll of generic
>film (cheap kind). take out the camera batts. fire a few frames with red
>60, a few with blue 60 (flash on both). develop. voila.

Even easier:
Point camera at pale surface. Fire shutter with flash at the settings, while
holding the back open. If you see the white across the whole frame it's
doing it OK. 1/60sec is the fastest shutter speed you can use when the whole
picture area is exposed at once. Faster speeds have a progressively narrower
slit running across the film gate. So if the flash fires at either of these
1/60 settings it should work. Be interested to know if that is definitely
the case, can't see why not but you never know...

Olafo,
IMHO no need to push-process unless your subject was already unusually dark.
All you need is some density across the whole frame to confirm exposure.

Simon E.