[OM] 4Ti Oh, Oh

Subject: [OM] 4Ti Oh, Oh
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:33:25
Hi,

I've tested this in the past. On my OM-4 and OM-4Ti, the flash _will_ fire & synch in manual 1/60 as long as there is at least some power in the batteries.

Excellent!
Then I will assume for the time being that I more or less guesstimated the distance correctly, and will continue to use the remainder of the film at 100 ASA, and have it processed as such (rather than pushing it one stop)...

Btw, there's another pitfall with the 1/60 manual setting: the winder or MD can't be used! If you try this (just test it w/o film and an open back) everything sounds ok, the flash fires, but amazingly the curtain doesn't open (or reverts to a very small slit that doesn't allow synching). I learned this the hard way, wasting a roll on a unique performance :( Ever since I carry spare batteries in my wallet...

Yikes!
That's good to know!

: Anyone who can give a definite yes/no answer will gain 64K : Zuikoholic greetings...;)

Greedings you mean? I'ld rather have the 100/2 ;)

100/2? Which 100/2? Me no have no 100/2....;)

Cheerz!
Olafo

PS: Wayne: yes, the flash did actually fire when the camera was on mechanical 1/60th mode.