Re: [OM] Slide projector advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide projector advice
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:03:11 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Richard Schaetzl wrote:

> The projecting lens is most important factor for quality projecting,
> the projectors body is "only" responsible for trouble free work.

I used to think that too until I got a Leica P2002.  I compared the image
quality of the P2002 with the P150 using the same Super Colorplan P2 lens.
There is a big difference in the projected image!  The colours are just
more vibrant on the P2002, not quite as harsh.  The corner to corner
sharpness is much better on the P2002, probably due to the fact that the
slide is positioned more accurately in the vertical plane.  I also get a
lot less slide "pops" with the p2002, which to me indicates the slide
surface temperature is lower.  I know I'm comparing the absolute low end
projector to the absolute high end, but my point is that the projector body
does make a difference in the final image.  It's not "just" a transport.
                                -mark