Re: [OM] Slide projector advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide projector advice
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:55:02 +0100
WKato@xxxxxxx schrieb:

> I have a Rollei P-37 slide projector. I think that these were not made in
> Germany but in Brazil or something and were not an official Rollei product.
> It is an OK projector but one that takes its own specialized trays.

If it is a sort of non-Kodak-compatible carousel tray, then you might
be wrong.

> I've
> never seen these particular circular trays available anywhere else and I only
> have two.

On behalf of a fellow listmember, I asked Rollei Braunschweig about
the availabilty of such trays and they gave me the telephone number of
the trays manufactors. And surprise, yes if one orders an high enough
number (say 100 ;-) they would produce a batch of it. I wouldn't
recomend that, a new projector might be better and more economical.

The zoom lens I have with this a Haminex 60 to 110 is a wonderful
> lens. The original Rollei Projar is a plastic waste of hydrocarbons.

One of the "bundled projecting lenses", plastic barrel, three
elements, no coating, retail price new ~30US$.

Best regards

Richard