[OM] To or not to CLA that is the question

Subject: [OM] To or not to CLA that is the question
From: atk@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: 18 Nov 2000 01:06:24 -0000
I have an OM 2sp. I am the original owner. I think the camera was purchased
in late 84 or early 85. I could probably find the receipt if it matters.

The camera receives regular but low usage (around 3 to 5 rolls of film a year).
It has never been CLA. The seals on teh back are turning to mush but still work.
I had the shutter checked at the photo show last weekend (Hunts in boston) and
they guy there said it was dead on as was the meter.

I really like this camera and would be very upset if anything happened to it.
Is there any harm in NOT having it CLA? Is there any harm in having it CLA ?

Given  that the camera appears to be in perfect working order do I really want
to risk having it taken apart to be cleaned ?

I do know that a few grains of sand from time to time has gotten into the
camera but it doesn't seem to be too bad...

Alan