Re: [OM] Modifying Olympus Screen

Subject: Re: [OM] Modifying Olympus Screen
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 20:01:16 -0500
I used to do this when I was killing time at my desk between repairs at
Olympus.
Draw a box the same size as your focus screen.  Draw your grid on the paper.
Carefully lay your screen over the drawing.  Tape atleast two corners of the
screen to keep it from moving.  For obvious reasons, allow only the  tiniest
amount of tape to touch the screen.
Carefully lay a straight edge over the screen in-line with the lines you
drew on the paper, which you can now see through the screen.
Carefully drag the tip of a NEW single edge razor blade over the screen,
tracing your first line.  Repeat 3 more times.
I showed these to Pasquale Ferazzoli (who ran the Tech. Representative
department at the time) and he was quite impressed.
You can end up with very fine lines as are found on the 1-10 screen, much
finer than the Beattie lines.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000