[OM] Ilford SFX200 film and OM pressure plates

Subject: [OM] Ilford SFX200 film and OM pressure plates
From: Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:56:40 -0800 (PST)
Greetings,

I am interested in playing with Ilford SFX film and concerned about the
note in the Olympus FAQ
(http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html):  "the
pressure plates on OM cameras are dimpled.  These dimples act like little
mirrors (yes, something anodized gloss black is *very* reflective in IR :)
to focus the light, thus giving you little spots on your negatives."

The infrared sensitivity with this film is less than other ("true")
infrared films. Does anyone have experience with this film and OM plates.
I have 1, 1n, 4t, and G/20 bodies (how did that happen?) all apparently
with original plates, so let me know if the plates give notably different
effects.

I'll summarize off-list replies to the list.

Thanks in advance,
Eric Pederson

epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no "n" in "epederso")
Professional home page: