Re: [OM] [OT] NIB eBay Stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] NIB eBay Stuff
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:49:32 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Did you guys SEE the auction on the OM-1 and lenses we were talking about the
> other day?? $$$$$2125 !!!!!!
>
> new in box must have a very secret appeal for some...

Yeah, I couldn't believe that either.  Let's see, according to current B&H
prices we have:

F.Zuiko auto-s F1.8 F=50mm      $120
Auto-T F2,8 F=100mm             $320
Auto-W F3.5 F=28mm              $240 (f2.8)
MC Auto-T 85mm F2               $430
Auto-W F3.5 F=21mm              $530
Electronic Flash T20            $100
                                 ---
                               $1740

That leaves $385 for:

OM-1
Auto-T F3.5 F=135mm
MC AUTO-Zoom 35-70mm F3.6

Wow, what a deal eh?  Considering the stuff is 15+ years old, most of the
lenses are probably of the older single coated design.  There's also a good
chance that the grease in the lenses has hardened over the years and the
lenses will need a CLA.  Did anyone else notice that the OM-1 didn't come
in a box?  That would have been the most collectible part of this lot.  I
wonder if the high bidder realised that?
                                        -mark