Re: [OM] NiCd vs. NiMH; OT

Subject: Re: [OM] NiCd vs. NiMH; OT
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:40:55 +0000

No, I think the energy/volume density is higher also.  The pack I got to
power my DAT player is of about the same volume as 3 of the  4 AA cells it
normally takes combined.  The three AA NiCad cells would  provide only 3.6v
at 1100 mAh.  The Li Ion pack provides 7.2v at 1350 mAh.

As I said, i think the reason there are no AA rechargeable Li Ion
batteries is that the cell voltage is 3.6 volts and is  dictated by the
chemistry.  Since an AA is nominally supposed to be 1.5v this would be too
high.

Giles