[OM] Fast flashing with a Turbo T45

Subject: [OM] Fast flashing with a Turbo T45
From: Walt Wayman <HIWAYMAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:11:31 -0500
A couple of weeks ago I posted a query about a kaput T45 battery.  Barry
Bean also expressed an interest.  Frank van Lindert responded with the
solution, and thanks to him, and my Visa card, the UPS guy yesterday
delivered my order from Adorama: one Quantum Turbo Z battery, with charger,
($296), and one Quantum C03 cable ($35.95).  $10.75 shipping charges (still
less than the 5 0eorgia sales tax) made this a fairly hefty investment,
but one I?ve decided was well made.

After charging the battery, I grabbed an empty OM-4, with winder, hooked
everything up and tried it out.  With ASA set at 100, 50mm lens at f/4.0,
winder on sequence, shooting TTL auto at an average subject 12 feet away,
the camera indicated that the Quantum/T45 combo provided correct exposure
for six frames before running out of gas!  Not too shabby.  I don?t think
I?ve ever really needed to do this for real, but it?s impressive to know
that now I could rip off six frames in two seconds, should the need arise.

As Barry Bean said, it?s nice to be able to dump the battery in the handle
and move the weight to the belt.  That?s 1.3 pounds off the hands and only
1.5 on the belt.  The minor inconvenience of the cord is not worth
mentioning.  For any others with a T45, whether the battery is crapped out
or not, this is definitely the way to go.

Anybody need a T45 battery charger?  I?ve got one I don?t need anymore.
Unlike the wall warts most other rechargeable gizmos use, this thing can?t
be used for anything else, as far as I can tell.

Walt Wayman