Re: [OM] E-Groups ?

Subject: Re: [OM] E-Groups ?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 01:39:10 GMT
The advantage I can see to the existing list is for folks who either must pay a per-minute phone charge or aren't in a rush to see the most current messages.

Since I decided to redirect OM list traffic to my trash folder rather than un*sub*ing (don't want to reduce the number of members, just in case that's somehow significant), my mailbox isn't overflowing. And I can check the daily digests in the archive, which seem reasonably up to date to me.

And, best of all, I can quickly download the digests from the archives and read 'em offline. Not a big deal to me, since our phone service has no per-minute charges. But this could be a major factor to other listfolk.

e-Groups doesn't appear to offer this particular advantage. I do notice, tho', that e-Group digests I receive in my mailbox have the subject headers at the top, a feature several listfolk have wanted.