Re: [OM] Payment to Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] Payment to Australia
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 14:23:13 +1000
Dave wrote:

> Any list members have experience with this?  You Aussies,  is a Money
Order
> from a US Bank acceptable there?

I have heard that it is not.  I know if I purchase anything from the US
which requires a cash payment I go to my bank (which bank ?) and obtain a
bank draft on a US bank with which my bank has some sort of agreement and
these seem to be acceptable to US sellers.

You should be able to do the equivalent in the US, obtain a bank draft on an
Australian bank (any Australian bank would probably be ok).

When I've sold stuff to the US the buyers seem to find it all too difficult
and usually send me $US which I then have to exchange for $AU and pay a
service fee.

I gather that US banks have very little idea of how to process international
transactions.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge