[OM] List Rules Suggestion (WAS: Response to 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bod

Subject: [OM] List Rules Suggestion (WAS: Response to 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:54:00 -0600
'Nuff has probably been said about the good and evil of a certain
specific "[FS]" offering on the list, so I won't add to that, but it DOES
raise something in my mind I'd like to throw out for discussion.

Several messages in that thread alluded to "unspoken" rules that have
been "agreed to" by list members.  That's all well and good, but when
one is new to the list (like I was a few months ago), one doesn't
necessarily know "The Rules."  As well, when rules are unspoken,
they're open to (mis)interpretation and misunderstanding.

It's just a suggestion, but perhaps the listowner (Giles, I think?) could
post "The Rules" from time to time?  No, I'm NOT suggesting daily, or
even weekly.  But, maybe once a month or a couple of times a year
would be nice...  just to refresh everyone's memories?  Or, maybe
maybe a better idea would be to put them on the website so that people
can refer to them as needed?

If that's a good suggestion, and is implemented by the listowner, my
hope would be that "The Rules" would be:

1.  short;
2.  easy-to-understand; and
3.  not too restrictive

Just my humble opinion and suggestion.  Naturally, others are welcome
to disagree.  After all, everyone's entitled to be WRONG once in awhile!
<G>

Regards,

Chris
(Still sometimes wondering what "The Rules" are...)