Re: [OM] Least Useful/Used Oly Piece

Subject: Re: [OM] Least Useful/Used Oly Piece
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 22:17:04 -0600
On 20 Oct 2000, at 13:26, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> 1. Is there an Oly lens or accessory that you wonder why you bought
> it because it is not that great?  That is, not that great.

Not yet.  So far, I've been tickled with all of the Oly stuff I've managed to
lay my greedy....  uhhh....  I meant NEEDY...  hands on.  <G>

> 2. Is there an Oly lens or accessory that is just fine, but you find
> that you just don't use it. That is, just done use it much.

Well, since I got the 24/2.8 my 28/2.8 hasn't seen much daylight.
Same thing goes for the 50/1.8 once I got the 50/1.4 lens.

But I suppose the "real" candidate for that one is the 1-1 screen I had to
buy in an emergency.  While on holiday (on Vancouver Island) I tried
"cleaning" my 1-13 original and instead managed to wreck it, instead.
After running around all over Victoria, B.C., the only screen I could
locate was the 1-1 so I bought it.  Once I got back home, I searched
until I found the 1-14.  That's what's in the OM-2 now, and I don't have
plans for 'nuther one I like it so much!

That said, there's really nothing wrong with the 1-1 screen.  I'm just
used to focusing with a split image.  The 1-14 is *really* cool, as I no
longer have to hunt for a horizontal or vertical surface to focus on.
That's MUCH better than EITHER the 1-13 or the 1-1, IMHO.

> Please control your addiction and the pleas for free equipment. :-)

Why?!?!?  That wouldn't be ANY fun!!!  <G>

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)