Re: [OM] Of wunder bricks

Subject: Re: [OM] Of wunder bricks
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:03:37 +0800
T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Dr Peter Gilbert wrote:
>

> <SNIP>
>
> I tried for a few months to get an F5 (kindly provided as a "pre-buy test
> body") to agree with me on what should be in focus in a given picture. The
> only good way was to bypass all the "predictve, computerized,
> imaga-analyziz-the-camera-guesses-what-the-scene-is-like" programs and
> just point, focuslock, frame, shoot (something which suxx when using a
> tripod). So much for all the bells - and I could actually focus
> faster/better manually with my trusty OM2s/p just on the screen.....

It was also my argument - you have to focus lock, reframe and shot.
While I always use ground glass for focusing, just frame, focus and
shoot, always tracking the subject at required composition, in many
cases faster than the AF. But when EOS3 come.... they have lots of
focusing point on screen. Just look at the point you want to focus and
shoot, I have nothing to say after that. Now the only point is Zuiko
glasses always work better for me.

C.H.Ling