Re: [OM] If you had to choose only ONE body . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] If you had to choose only ONE body . . .
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 05:42:20 GMT
One thing in favor of purely mechanical devices - while it may not be cost effective to do so, a skilled craftsperson can always fabricate needed parts from scratch to keep 'em going. And if there's enough demand, it can even be cost effective.

Same rationale favoring component systems over integrated devices - just replace what fails without disabling the entire device. Handy as the built-in winders on my Can-not-an-OM-on T70s are, I know they're likely to be the first things to fail. Then I will have largish but ergonomic light meters that accept interchangeable lenses.
-----------
Lex Jenkins
Musta been a UFO.  It wuz flyin' an' I dunno whut it wuz. - A "farmer"
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:03:03 -0700

For a reason no one has mentioned, I think the OM4Ti.  I think parts
and repairs for it will be around for it as long as I am.  Many of
the discontinued models are not repairable if they fail. I am not
optimistic for the long life of the OM3Ti model run or for a huge
stock of repair parts for it when it is discontinued.

Winsor