RE: [OM] Another "which body" question...

Subject: RE: [OM] Another "which body" question...
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:31:07 -0500
>===== Original Message From "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx> =====
>My girlfreind is looking at buying a new camera, so of course I informed her
>that she HAD TO pick an Olympus.  The only question is: which one?
>
>She wants a rugged camera to take on cycling and camping trips which will
>give her the great results of zuiko optics.
>
>There's no way she's putting any of my single digit OM's on the back of her
>bike, so a new Oly camera will be joining the family.
>
>So far, I've considered the following:
>
>XA series
>OM 2000
>OM-G
>Low end IS series
>OM-PC
>OM-10

Hi Mike,

I don't know about the IS; that could be the ticket.  I have the feeling that
the XA, though compact, might be a little fiddly for her.  Ditto the OM2000.

If you could get a good working one, the OMPC has the advantage of program
mode.  Set the stop to f8 or f11 or something, just focus and shoot. Folks who
have these love 'em.

The OM-G and OM-10 are possibilities too.  Both seem very friendly cameras.
Manual adapter for the OM-10 might not be an issue for her, and you can get
one very cheaply.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA