Re: [OM] Another "which body" question... -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Another "which body" question... -Reply
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 06:15:55 -0400
Here's another vote for the OM-PC(40).  The PC has essentially the same
capabilites as the OM-2sp with the exceptions of no interchangeable
screens and no spot metering.  What the PC has in place of spot metering
is "ESP" metering.  In ESP mode the meter reads both the central and
outer areas of the frame and interpolates between them.  I believe that
this same system is used in the IS cameras and it works well.

If you want to use it like a "point & shoot" camera just set it into
program mode.  It also has manual and auto modes, TTL flash, DX film
recognition (with override), accepts a winder and also has mirror and
aperture pre-fire on self-timer.  The self-timer is also auto-cancelling
between exposures.  Finally, it has a rubberized body with a contoured
finger grip for the right hand.

Great camera.  I bought my OM-PC body for $58.  This was a particularly
good deal but they generally cost not much more than an OM-10 or OM-G
and have significantly more function.  For the novice or quick shooter
the ESP metering and program mode will probably deliver better pictures
as well.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA