Re: [OM] Help ! - B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] Help ! - B&W
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 12:07:55 -0500
Well I needed this one :-(

Seriously, my worry is using B&W outside, on people, with mixed and
possibly complicated backgrounds. I did shoot a bit of it in my old 2
1/4" camera and the results were OK, but the subject matter was simple.
In fact, I noticed a photo one day hanging in a doctors office of one
the old railroad stations in town. I thought it looked familiar so I
went home and looked and sure enough, I had take almost exactly the same
photo with my old Yashica D using Tri-X I believe. Mine was every bit as
good as what I'd seen on the wall. The difference was, that photographer
had the foresight to sell his. Mine was in the "mediocre at best" box in
the closet...

I'm starting to feel better about it. Thanks to the advice of the list
I'll pick up a few assorted rolls and a yellow filter and see what I
come up with before I work with them.

Hey if they wanted "professional" portraits, they should have hired a
"professional photographer" instead of asking a favor of an old engineer
right? :-)

Thanks to all on the list for the advice!

--
Jim