Re: [OM] Help ! - B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] Help ! - B&W
From: "Kam" <kamm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 09:48:20 +0800
I want to note that a yellow/orange/red filter will increase the overall
contrast.  Make sure you want to extra contrast before you put a filter on
your lens.  As to film, for indoor work with natural light, try Kodak Tmax
3200, expose at 800 or 1600 and develop accordingly in Xtol (if you don't
develop your own films, be sure to tell the lab at what ASA you get the
films exposed).  You will be surprised by the grain size and contrasy of the
Tmax.  For outdoor work you may want a slower film.  Ilford Delta 100 is a
good option.  Some people may prefer C41 stuff like Kodak HP5 or Ilford
XP-1.  Both of them are good and easy to scan but you have to make sure that
you have a good lab.  Happy shooting.

Regards,
Kam
Hong Kong