Re: [OM] Zuiko 180 TEST !!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 180 TEST !!!
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 23:36:07 +0200
Hello David,

you wrote:

> But here in La Coruna
> I´ve to pay for only one scan $17 aprox!!! and for PhotoCD $1.3
> each.

It is the same in Germany, so I don´t expect miracles from the Photo
CD. At that price nobody can expect operator optimized scanns. As long
as the pictures are not to contrasty, are of medium brightness and
"work" because of the colour and not because of their sharpness, wealth
of detail, Photo CD is the most economical way to get your pictures
digital.

> I am awared of Tony´s web page because I´ve talked with
> him in the past. I would prefer Polaroid SprintScan 4000

Yes, high resolution is the way to go, but until scanner have realy
high resolution (like a drum scan) and I've access to output devices
for prints bigger than 30cmx20cm, I will go the more economical "good
enough" way with my first slide scanner.

> I can assure you that I only need of my eyes to see
> chromatic aberration into my slides,

I can imagin that, given the samples you have shown us. I just can
believe Olympus would design a lens with such horrible flaws. Given
the difficulties I have to reproduce this efect, I'm still not
convinced that it is not because of external influences. We have a new
theory, provided by Norma Foltz (or Hank Hogan ;-), we should examine
next.

> and everything you say
> about projecting is totaly true, but images generated by my
> Zuiko 50/1,2 are perfect!!!

I see, I just wanted to make sure we can eliminate other sources of
the blue cast than the 180mm Zuiko.

Best regards

Richard