Re: [OM] Zuiko 180 TEST !!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 180 TEST !!!
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 22:02:44 GMT
Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(Quoting Dave): "and you can see this chromatic aberration even into photographic paper at 10x15cm!!!"

10x15! No way! At that tiny size nobody would be able to see the flaws of my 180mm lens.

Richard, I might be mistaken but I don't see any reason why significant chromatic aberration would not be visible under a loupe on a 4x6inch print, if the same could be seen on a 24x36mm slide.

Granted, it's possible errors were introduced at various stages in the process - enlargement, scanning, etc.

But Dave has singled out the 180 lens as the one demonstrating this flaw. What would be considered an acceptable test to prove or disprove this assertion?

Lex
===