Re: [OM] IS series tele converters - followup

Subject: Re: [OM] IS series tele converters - followup
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 22:47:27 +0200
: yeah, I realized that after I posted. I'm surprised that the large B300
for
: the IS 3000 would vignette, since it is a 55mm thread, and using it on a
49mm
: thread lens would seem to leave plenty of radial space for full aperture.

Well it was designed for a 180mm lens, so the fact that it also can be used
in the 80-180 range is already a big bonus.

: Dang. I was really hoping for a neat-o 85mm/f1.4! (50mm+B300)
:
: Is the vignetting at all apertures or just wide open??

Strangely enough vignetting even gets worse when you stop down. On the
50/1.2 results wide open are maybe acceptable, it probably isn't even worse
than a 24/2 ;) but stopped down vignetting turns into a real heavy tunnel
effect; I'ld say from grade D into grade Z...

hnz