Re: [OM] Sinarcam w/ Zuiko 35-80/2.8?

Subject: Re: [OM] Sinarcam w/ Zuiko 35-80/2.8?
From: Vaughan Bromfield <vaughan.bromfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 10:46:51 +1000
Lex

There are two problems with using 35mm lenses on large fornmat cameras.
The first is that most LF cameras use between-the-lens (leaf) shutters
which most 35mm lenses lack; hence controlling the exposure will be a
bit tricky (note that I did not say impossible, a behind-the-lens
shutter or flash exposure would solve the problem).

Secondly and perhaps more profoundly is coverage. The 35mm lens will
only produce an image circle about 43mm in diameter at infinity which is
hardly efficient use of the avalilable film. The coverage would be
better for close-up and macro work, but the effort-to-results ratio is
looking a bit high for my taste. Especially considering the price of
older used large format lenses floating around (even here in Australia).

Enlarging lenses are a different matter, many LF macro photographs are
dome with enlarging lenses.

Vaughan

--

Lex Jenkins wrtote: