Re: [OM] IS series tele converters - followup

Subject: Re: [OM] IS series tele converters - followup
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:00:55 +0000
>: It looks to me that the A-200 1.5x converter for the IS-1/2 is the only
>one
>: that is 49mm. Is this correct? If so, can you say "75mm/f1.4"? (or
>75mm/f1.2
>: for you more fortunate types). How about "150mm/f2.8"??
>
>The only iS/L TC I have is the B for the iS-3000 and it will vignette if I
>put it on anything shorter than the 85/2. Same will be true for the A
>converter.

yeah, I realized that after I posted. I'm surprised that the large B300 for
the IS 3000 would vignette, since it is a 55mm thread, and using it on a 49mm
thread lens would seem to leave plenty of radial space for full aperture.
Dang. I was really hoping for a neat-o 85mm/f1.4! (50mm+B300)

Is the vignetting at all apertures or just wide open??

Oh well, the A200 is smaller. I'll just use it on my 100/2.8 for a nice 150/
2.8.

--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright