[OM] "Bokeh" in context

Subject: [OM] "Bokeh" in context
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 20:55:15 GMT
Wow! Great information, Kazuya. Thank you so much. In that context "numbskull" might be a bit too harsh to be equivalent to "bokeh" unless used amongst very understanding friends. "Dummy," "goofy" or "goofball" might be more appropriate American English equivalents.

I suppose all cultures have a tradition of verbal sparring and exchanging friendly insults, but it's tricky enough knowing where to draw the line in one's own culture, let alone trying to casually use phrases from other cultures.

I like your comparison to Ernie from Sesame Street. And your new smiley. Here's mine for a puzzled numbskull scratching his head.
r(%)?

Regards,
Lex
===