[OM] New Digicam

Subject: [OM] New Digicam
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:12:09 -0500
Matsumoto-san,

Welcome to the List.  I was in Tokyo just until a few days ago and I am
back in Dallas, Texas.

Although I have never been to Fujiya in Nakano, it seems that this is the
store to search new or used OM equipments from the number of items
advertised in Asahi Camera/Noppon Camera monthly magazines.  I am
stuck with Yodobashi Camera with Gold Point Card.

It is always refreshing to stroll the Shinjuku/Shibuya area, noticing the
advertisements in the train, magazines to know what are the trend including
the introductions of new digicams.  I think this is one of signs that the
Japanese economy is trying to take off.

> I've been just wondering what "bokeh" means.  Warren, is that the
> Japanese word meaning "out-of-focus blur"!? (I was also looking for
> the English word for this!)

The term bokeh is used in both Japanese and in English photography
literatures.  I noticed in many Japanese articles, the term 'bokeh-mi'
is used quite often to emphasize the subject and blur the back grounds,
particularly in portraitures.

Regards,
Jim Terazawa