Re: [OM] New Digicam

Subject: Re: [OM] New Digicam
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:36:46 +0800
-----Original Message-----
From: k.matsumoto

>>Ranger finder? I started to collect Olympus compact RF since early
>>this year. I got three 35RDs, two 35RCs, a trip 35 some EC, EC2, ECRs,
>>a 35DC is also coming. It is fun, the price of the cameras are cheap
>>(except 35RD). But the shipping cost usually higher than the camera
>>itself. The lenses of 35RC and RD are very good, they don't have the
>>serious fall off like XA and XA4. I even got a Olympus PS200 flash to
>>go with them.
>>
>>C.H.Ling
>
>Then, what about 35SP?  I'm looking for one because I am
>wondering if I should have a manual camera to widely open the
>aperture to make the best of the f1.7 and enjoy the ... wait.

I do have one working (except the meter) 35sp purchased ten years ago, but
the condition of the lens is not so good, there is coating problem on the
rear element. Due to this I can't compare the quality of the lens to 35RD
(it also got a f1.7 lens but 40mm six element not 42mm seven element as in
the 35sp).

The 35RD can also operate at manual mode, its lens is very sharp even wide
open, I'm very satisfy with it. Didn't expect the 35SP to be much better. At
the mean time, the 35RD is very light as compared to 35SP, the shutter is
also much silent and winding action is silk smooth. Also, you can use filter
without the need of making any compensation as the sensor is within the
filter ring.

C.H.Ling