Re: [OM] New Digicam

Subject: Re: [OM] New Digicam
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:13:17 +0800
"k.matsumoto" wrote:

> Ooops, sorry for too OLD news!  I didn't even notice the news
> release when I went to olympus.co.jp yesterday, because I was
> thinking of having a digicam a couple of years later and not so much
> interested in this year's new products.

No sorry for that Kazuya, I was also only told by a digital fan last
week, I rare check the Olympus site since I got the C2000.

The guy own a mini lab which also do some digital works. He is very
fond of digital imaging, just purchased the Fuji FinePix S1 Pro
digital camera overseas (because order from Hong Kong distributor
takes one month). When he saw the news of E-10 he was very impressed
with the look and features, he made scans of the E-10 and its
specification, put them on the surface of a cup to remind himself to
purchase it once available.

> I've just spent most of my
> savings for a Camedia to buy a M****ta film scanner, a beautiful
> OM-1N and a charming 35DC instead. Any range-finder users here?

Ranger finder? I started to collect Olympus compact RF since early
this year. I got three 35RDs, two 35RCs, a trip 35 some EC, EC2, ECRs,
a 35DC is also coming. It is fun, the price of the cameras are cheap
(except 35RD). But the shipping cost usually higher than the camera
itself. The lenses of 35RC and RD are very good, they don't have the
serious fall off like XA and XA4. I even got a Olympus PS200 flash to
go with them!

C.H.Ling