[OM] Postive progress on Debbie and the ultimate excuse for your spouses

Subject: [OM] Postive progress on Debbie and the ultimate excuse for your spouses.
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:40:43 -0500
First the good news.  Debbie is improving rapidly.  The nourishment has made
all the difference.  She's not what I'd call 'well' yet, but the difference
is noticeable.  I'm very happy.

They might even let her come home tomorrow to continue her recovery at home.
That's always better than being in the hospital.

Of course, when she gets home, I can't hide my new toy quite as easily as a
new Zuiko.  My goal here was clearly to give all of you a story that you can
use the next time you come home with the 250/2 or 350/2.8.  All you have to
say is: "This is nothing, you should hear what my friend Tom bought while
his wife was in the hospital!".

I bought a new car.  A 2001 Corvette Convertible.

Even I realize this was a little beyond reason.  But it is cool.

I got it tonight, but haven't even gotten to drive it yet!  The salesman
delivered it for me, but by the time he got here, the girls were already in
bed and they're too young to leave alone.  It's sitting in the driveway. OK,
I admit, I've been sitting in it a lot.

Man, am I going to get flamed for this one.

Tom