Re: [OM] Postive progress on Debbie and the ultimate excuse for your s

Subject: Re: [OM] Postive progress on Debbie and the ultimate excuse for your spouses.
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 08:35:44 -0600
At 05:36 AM 8/30/2000 -0500, Tom Scales wrote:
>I normally don't reply to my own messages, but I do want to apologize to the
>list. I came across as a pompous ass, which I unfortunately seem to do some
>time.  Things have been challenging, to say the least, recently, and so some
>fun was welcome in my life.  No excuses, just me being my typical a**.  I am
>sorry for having posted the message.  I am fortunate in many ways, and count
>my blessings every day.....but don't need to come across that way.

Relax, d00d.

Members on the List act like family and friends, and frequently post about
things that are important/fun/exciting to them not necessarily related to OM
equipment (and sometimes concerning material acquisitions).  Hell, I just did
it, 'cause I'm excited.  (I've been doing it to family and friends recently,
too.)

My wife and I aren't "successful" in the conventional sense of making pisspots
full of money -- instead, we've experienced many years of relative privation as
we aggressively eliminated long-term debt (otherwise known as "The Greatest
Destroyer of Long-Term Wealth And Security Known to Humankind") and are just
starting to see the benefits of this financial strategy.

I didn't think you were being pompous, though some other members imputed a high
cash-flow to your employment status.  I didn't necessarily think that, either
(I know better, having had a low cash-flow for longer than I care to dwell
upon).

God Bless, and enjoy your new toy!  (After all, you really *can't* take it with
you...)

Garth

"No, this is the Great Theatre of Life.  Admission is free, but the taxation is
mortal.  You come when you can, and leave when you must.  The show is
continuous.  Good-night."

   -- Robertson Davies
      1913 - 1995