Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)

Subject: Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 12:31:57 +0000
At 02:57 8/4/00 , Lex wrote:
>Shouldn't be any difference in light transmission regardless of how a
>polarizer is rotated.  What can vary is the light meter reading when a
>linear polarizer is used on a camera that requires a circular polarizer
>(like the Can-not-an-OM-on FTbn).
>
>I *have* one polarizer that is darker than my others, thus reducing light
>transmission more than the others - but it does so uniformly regardless of
>rotation.
>
>Lex
>===

Sometimes yes and sometimes no.  Depends on how much glare reduction is
going on compared to the rest of the frame.  I've done architectural where
it reduced window glare with no appreciable shift in TTL metering because
the glare was small compared to the rest of the frame.  I've also had blue
sky that is the overwhelming majority of the frame, and when it's rotated
into the narrow range that darkens the sky, it has shifted the metering.

-- John