Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)

Subject: Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 02:53:08 GMT
Scanning film is the exception - it emphasizes every flaw while traditional printing to light sensitive paper minimizes grain structure.

Another example is viewing, for example, a 400 slide film under a high quality, high magnification loupe against a bright light source. You can see every single grain in areas like patches of sky. But this doesn't translate to prints, while relative sharpness is maintained.

For that matter I've seen horrifying graininess in Kodachrome 64 using a high-mag loupe. Doesn't appear on a projection screen or print, tho'. Solution: don't view slides with 20x loupes. ;)

Lex
===