Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)

Subject: Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 13:28:51 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:54:31 -0400 (EDT), Dan Lau wrote:

>1) For general travel photography (i.e., a lot of outdoor
>   sightseeing and walking around), if I am already
>   bringing my 35-70/3.5-4.5, is there any reason to bring
>   the 50/1.8 as well?

Low light shooting!

>2) As an additional lens, would you recommend bringing the
>   28/2.8 (or is it too close to the 35) or should I bring
>   the 28-48/4 zoom to cover the whole range (or is there
>   too much overlap with the 35-70)?

Bring whichever one you're most familiar with and gives the best
results. I've never used the 28-48.

>3) The only other lens choice I have is either the 135/3.5
>   or the 75-150/4.  Should I just bring the two zooms or
>   will I be disappointed with the slow speed?
>
>I generally use ASA 200 print film, but I can switch to 400
>film if you think it will match the slow lenses better.
>Thanks for any comments.

By all means, opt for 400 - it'll make those slow speeds more
bearable, and modern 400 film is greatly improved over what we used
to complain about years ago.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx