[OM] My name is Tom, and I am a Zuikoholic

Subject: [OM] My name is Tom, and I am a Zuikoholic
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 21:09:12 -0500
I am a bad, bad man.

I cannot control myself.

I have a problem.

It is bad.

I've lately been controlling the urge, for the most part. I haven't bought a
big outfit in awhile. I haven't bought much of anything for awhile.

Tonight I fell off the wagon.

You see, it started simple. There was an 18/3.5 on ebay for what I thought
was a good price. It even included the 72mm stepup ring.  I used to own an
18, early in my acquisition binges, and I mistakenly thought I wouldn't use
it much.  So I sold it (you know who you are).  Then I fell in love with my
21/2, and realized that, yes, I would like an 18.

So I've been watching. Pretty patient.  Knew what KEH wanted. This was less.
Quite a bit less.  So, I loaded my sniping program (You know who you are
too).  Set the amount I was willing to pay. Waited all day.  Waited. Waited.
Held my breath.  Yeah! I won.  Oh, I won.  I do feel a little sorry for the
person I sniped, as from my calculations, the room between my maximum bid
and what I got it for was less the $2.  If he'd been just a touch higher.

But I am not done.  Not at all.

There was this whole bag thing.  I received, thanks to the list, a large
number of wonderful suggestions.  I think I would like them all, and I spent
way to much time today searching the web for information about all your
suggestions.  It really helped me narrow down the size and shape I wanted,
which was really the hardest part.  The Domke f803 really appealed to me, as
did the Tamrac 605, as did all the other suggestions.  In the end, though, I
decided on the Tamrac 635.  It's about the same size as the 605, but when
you unzip the top, if unfolds to become a backpack.  Kind of cool. One thing
I have found annoying is having the bag over your shoulder while walking
around and I thought this would help.

So, I went on a 'who has it cheapest' quest.  Tried B&H, tried Cameraworld,
tried Adorama. Hmm. Adorama has it the cheapest and, hey, they have decent
prices on the new Kodak Supra, and I've been wanting to try it.

Then I made a mistake.  I clicked on the Used button, just for fun.  Fell
off the wagon, again, in the same night. You see, there was this 16.  E-
condition. Better price than the one that closed tonight on ebay.  Shipping
would be basically free, since I was already getting the bag shipped.  In a
fit of passion (OK, that's about how exciting my life is), I clicked on the
'add to basket button'.  Agonized (briefly) and hit the checkout button.

I'm a bad man.

Children don't need to eat, do they?

OK, so I'll have to sell some stuff.  Haven't really figured out what, but
know I'll sell on OM-4T, an OM-2n, and OM-2s and an OM-1n.  All very, very
nice.  I'll get around to posting them here in a few days, but if you're
interested, go ahead and email me and we can work something out, I suppose.

In the end, it should be fun.

Tom