Re: [OM] What film should I use?

Subject: Re: [OM] What film should I use?
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 19:56:43 -0500
Steve, I used to shoot for First Methodist in Fort Worth (huge congregation,
you'd think we were Baptists!).  Truth of the matter, most of the work
wasn't very demanding of film.  I shot a lot of Tri-X and processed it
myself because the church paper only published black & white.  The color
stuff was seldom more than 4x6 prints.  On rare occasions that it was, such
as group portraits or the choir's Christmas album cover (remember LPs?), I
shot 4x5.  Still, for most of the work, I'm of the opinion that any
name-brand 400 negative film will be adequate.  I think that the bigger
problem is finding a lab that will provide quick, consistant high quality
prints, at church prices.

Good luck.  It was fun and enlightening work.

Gary