Re: [OM] What film should I use?

Subject: Re: [OM] What film should I use?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 10:48:47 GMT
Steve, I'd go with Fuji NPH, NHG or even Superia 400. Superias 100-400 now have the same 4th emulsion layer that make Reala so good at handling odd lighting (fluorescent, etc.). I'm not sure Superia X-tra 800 does, but I use it a lot and haven't had any problems with it in fluorescent lighting, so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it either.

Just a personal preference. I think Royal Gold is overpriced and unless you're making serious enlargements you won't appreciate its finer resolution.

The one caveat I'd make regarding Fuji film in general is that, other than NPH and NHG, it *can* lead to ruddy skin tones depending on how the print processing is biased. But it's an equal opportunity offender in this regard - white folks get red noses, black folks get purple noses, etc. In my experience this happens less often in ambient light, more often when flash is used, generally easily correctable with reprinting or digital tweaking.
Lex Jenkins
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com/lexjenkins/