Re: [OM] beginner needs advice

Subject: Re: [OM] beginner needs advice
From: "John Pendley" <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:49:17 -0400
Gary and all,
I'm sure it's the truth of Feininger's statement that accounts for
photographers' love of the "golden hours."  That's when it's most apparent
that the light just does more interesting things with subjects.  I
understand how fog did it for you, Gary.  Diffused light (on overcast days,
too) gives dimensionality that point source light (the sun) simply doesn't
do except at low angles.  Not to mention that the more diffuesed the light
is, the more easily color material can capture the reduced contrast range.
John P