Re: [OM] Life is entertaining [OT - OK, some OM content in this one)

Subject: Re: [OM] Life is entertaining [OT - OK, some OM content in this one)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:20:26 +0000
Tom,
If you use the 35/2.8 shift for any of the architecture, would be curious
what you think of it.  Using one is quite different from all the rest.

You didn't mention having a tripod with you which makes using a manual
stop-down shift lens easier, but it's not essential.  I've used mine hand
held very carefully with decent results, so don't be afraid to try that,
especially if you're shooting some of the architecture.  Forgetting to stop
down with the OM-4 in auto mode was easy to do early on.  Focusing _before_
setting exposure helped.  Turning the aperture ring with it wide open shows
no change in metering which reminds me to stop down.  Using a shift lens
frequently gives an appreciation for the convenience of "auto" lenses.

-- John